Friday 8 January 2010

Mr Mo's top tips for freezing weather....

Tip 1) keep your hair on!
If you are a border terrier (like what I am) make sure that your Mum doesn't get twitchy fingers and strip out your hairy hair. Despite the fact that I look a bit like an exploded yard brush (see above!) I am toasty warm in my thick winter hair. If you are a spaniel (like what Brody is) or a westie (like what Bridie is) then make sure that your Mum doesn't clip or trim you - keep toastie warm in your winter fur! If you are a boxer (like what cousin April is) or a Labrador (like what Promise, Millie and Barney are), then you need to do tip3.

Tip 2) treats are good!
If you can manage it, get as many extra treats as you can... especially pigs ears and Markies - they are yummy and give you extra energy. If you can, get yourself an Uncle Ian like mine - he is great at giving treats! WARNING - try not to eat human food though coz it makes dogs fat and no-one wants a dog that looks like a coffee table!!

Tip 3) dress up warmly!
If it's necessary, wear some warm clothes..... OK - so Mum made me put this one in... if you are embarrassed by wearing jumpers and coats then try out a disguise (I like to adopt a false mustache and beard approach... see, you can't tell it's me can you?).

Tip 4) chill out!
Yes, I know this is about keeping warm but seriously the best thing to do is chill out INDOORS, get all snuggly in your bed (or on the sofa if you're allowed - I'm not but Mum doesn't know that I sometimes go on the sofa at Uncle Ian's).









I hope you enjoy my top tips for keeping warm in this freezing weather... have fun, stay warm - don't eat yellow snow!

4 comments:

  1. That do be brilliunt advice Mo. I phink we needed it here this week. See my blog for w cold weather report

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't eat yellow snow"- very important one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake and Zoe would like to invite Mr. Mo to their house to warm up ... they live in South Florida so they don't have sweaters (yours is very cute!).

    Here's our place: www.borderjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the dopey coats Mo. Mum makes me wear a "Drizabone" coat in winter and I feel like such a dick. I usually wear it with my best scowl.

    ReplyDelete